
Hi everyone. As most of you know, my sweet sweet 86 year old grandmother, who we call Puddon, was diagnosed in early September with colon cancer. She began chemo about two weeks later and was actually able to complete six weeks of chemo and radiation. She did really well the first half of it, but then she got dehydrated and needed fluids, then two units of blood, and then fluids again. She finished last week and got a diploma (really? I can't believe they give those out for this), but she is not doing very well. She's in a lot of pain and having to take pain pills round the clock. Every time I talk to her, she sounds worse and worse. She goes this Saturday for a PET scan to determine how much of the cancer the chemo/radiation got. She will find out the results on December 2. Clint and I are going home next week for the holidays, and trust me, Wednesday cannot come soon enough. I'm so homesick that, well, I'm sick. I'm asking you all to please keep her in your prayers, and pray that she recovers from this and regains her strength. Also please pray that the results of the PET scan are good so that she does not have to have a colostomy, which after all of this, I don't think she's going to do anyway. She said she hasn't lost any of her hair, but last night when I talked to her, she was hoping to be able to get her hair done today. She said it doesn't have a perm but that she'll just wear the straight look for a while...I can't imagine that b/c I've only ever seen her with a perm! Thank you so much for your prayers! Here's a picture of her back in April when she competed in her last Senior Olympics.

1 comment:
She's such a fighter. They don't make 'em like her anymore! I'll continue to pray for Puddon. Call us when you get in town.
Post a Comment