Monday, October 20, 2008

Our first blog entry!

Hello everyone! I just decided that it was time for me to start a blog too, since it seems to be the trend. I thought Caroline's and Mandi's blogs were so neat that I would follow suit. So, of course there is more to come, and pictures as well.

As most of you know, Clint and I just returned last weekend from a two-week vacation. We went with his family - Aunts Sarah and Faye, his dad Chris, cousin and her husband, Sheila and Randall, and family friends Linda and Buddy Rogers. We flew to New York, spent the night (shopped all day), then got on the Norwegian Jewel Sunday, September 28th, where we spent 10 days cruising. We went to Boston, MA; Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada; Quebec City, Quebec, Canada; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada; and Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. Then we returned to New York where we spent a few more days. We had a blast, but poor Sarah, Faye and Chris all got the nasty norovirus on the ship, and stayed down for several days. And of course, as some of you have heard, I had Clint quarantined on our anniversary. He wasn't feeling well so I panicked and called the nurse. She gave him meds and told him if he stayed in the room until we left on Wednesday morning (which was a little over a day), then we would get a $200 onboard credit. As we all know, that money was important to him, so he stayed in the room. Before the quarantine, we had a nice dinner and went to a show. He turned out to be fine - no norovirus for him, thank goodness. So, we are all back to work and settled back home now. Until next time.........

4 comments:

Sarah Morris said...

pics please!

jeanielyon said...

Hey Kandi,
I think this blog is a great idea. Finding time to post will be a challenge but I'll do my best. Your trip sounds amazing. I've been to most of those places but my favorite was PEI. I can't wait to see the pictures! I hope the newlyweds are doing good. I can't believe its been a year already. It just seems like yesterday. Time passes too fast. The kids are growing like crazy. I have Shelbie and Ashby's school pictures and I'll send them to you. As soon as I get Katey's, I'll send hers too. They love you so much!!! Talk to you soon. Tell Clint we said hi!

Jeanie

Solomon said...

HEY! I love blogs. They are a great way to keep in touch. I am so glad that you started one. Talk soon!

juliebug41 said...

I wanna see some pictures Kandi.